The Innovation and Technology Team is responsible for supporting the deployment, development, monitoring, maintenance and upgrading of organisational IT systems. This includes operating systems, servers, PCs, software apps, telephones and peripherals in accordance with relevant laws and regulations including the TCB Code of Practice and Fiduchi policies and procedures.
The role of the IT Trainee is to take responsibility for supporting the Head of IT and the Operations Team in maintaining the most efficient processes and the cyber protection required to be agile, to preserve integrity and allow the business to grow organically. This role is responsible for supporting all internal stakeholders with technology support in the most expedient and professional manner.
- CLIENT SERVICE: To embrace a culture of service excellence through delivering service and technical excellence. To be pro-active, whilst taking into account Fiduchi’s policy and procedural obligations, and deliver timely, accurate advice and responses with a “can do” and getting it “right first time” approach.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Responsibility for achieving the chargeable hours targets for this role.
- COMPLIANCE AND RISK: To support the Head of IT through supporting the performance and effectiveness of the IT function and to ensure that the IT infrastructure is functioning and delivering the necessary assurances to the business.
- PEOPLE: Provide technical support to all users. Promote a positive culture encouraging development, cohesive teamwork and digital development. Demonstrate a clear commitment to teamwork by working with other members of the team to share best practice and expand your knowledge base whilst working efficiently to meet performance objective.
- IT: Demonstrate a strong understanding of our internal technology through efficiency and deliverables. Evidence adequate knowledge and capability of the Microsoft suite to support and exceed performance objectives.
- Take part in weekly team meetings addressing current work, outstanding work and any other matters arising within, or impacting, the team.
- To support the whole life cycle of all company-issued user devices, solve the commonly-encountered problems with devices and software, and effectively research and troubleshoot the more challenging problems that may arise.
- The role acts as the first point of contact for all users in all locations who experience technical problems or require support.
- To provide basic end-user support of common office software systems such as Office, Microsoft Windows, VPN access and Document Management software.
- Implementing Microsoft modules and solutions including the test and go-live phase of the project with Team Leader support.
- To manage your timesheet according to guidance from your Team Leader.
- To at all times be mindful of “Anti Money Laundering” and “KYC” obligations and to conduct the administration of any portfolio in accordance with the Fiduchi P&P manual.
- To proactively involve the Team Leader when a challenge arises that is likely to result in additional time being spent on a matter over and above that which would otherwise be charged.
- To complete the necessary and relevant CPD.
- To develop a relevant general knowledge of issues affecting the Fiduciary industry generally.
- Support change initiatives where identified and accept action items to ensure that assistance is provided to enable delivery of quality standards in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Be open to working towards a Microsoft Certified Professional Qualification or similar;
- Be open to developing a general knowledge of regulatory issues relating to Trust Company Business and a thorough understanding of best practice in anti-money laundering and corporate governance.
- Have a genuine interest in administering and supporting MS Office, Windows , Active Directory (AD) and Internal Networks;
- Be open to developing a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Navision/Business Central;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including telephone manner, face-to-face communication skills, and written conversations;
- Ability to communicate clearly and translate jargon in a comfortable manner and work productively with colleagues with different technical strengths;
- A strong team player who will work with and support colleagues to ensure team goals are achieved.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Producing output - self-motivated, structured and organized;
- Checking details - Attentive to detail;
- Team working - Demonstrative of respect for clients, colleagues and Fiduchi Values;
- Upholding Standards - Committed, reliable and flexible;
- Critical Thinking - Being able to troubleshoot and investigate IT issues.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Fiduchi is an equal opportunities employer.