Fiduchi is looking for a trainee to join our Private Client Team. If you want to work in a friendly team where ambition and talent are rewarded, then we want to hear from you!
The Private Clients Team manages a portfolio of clients, with an emphasis towards high net wealth individuals and family offices, and provides a range of services to meet their needs in accordance with relevant laws and regulations including the JFSC Codes of Practice relevant to trust company business and Fiduchi policies and procedures.
The role of the Trainee Administrator is to take responsibility for the efficient administration of a portfolio of clients, attending to all aspects of the day to day management of these clients and ensuring that their affairs and expectations and that of the associated companies are managed in the most expedient and commercial manner.
Reports to: Manager - Private Clients.
- CLIENT SERVICE: To embrace a culture of service excellence within the team through ensuring the delivery of exemplary client service. To be pro-active, whilst taking into account Fiduchi policy and procedural obligations and deliver timely, accurate advice and responses with a “can do” and getting it “right first time” approach.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Responsibility for achieving billing and chargeable hours targets set for this role. Ensuring strong financial management disciplines are applied, including, timely issuance of bills and cash collections, maximising additional billing opportunities and recovery of costs.
- COMPLIANCE AND RISK: Adherence to operational compliance and risk management policies and procedures across the client portfolio within the Private Clients Team, including achievement of compliance and risk KPIs relating to clearance of annual reviews, client profiles, risk reviews, accounts preparation cycles, submission of statutory returns etc.
- PEOPLE: Demonstrating a clear commitment to teamwork by working with other members of the team to share best practice and expand your knowledge base whilst working efficiently to meet performance objectives
- Take part in weekly team meetings addressing current work, outstanding work and any other matters arising within, or impacting, the team;
- To administer a portfolio of client relationships focussing on meeting their specific needs and expectations as required. Completing Client Due Diligence efficiently and ensuring client profiles are up to date;
- To work with the line manager in an efficient and effective manner consulting as and when required ensuring technical accuracy in the delivery of our services;
- To communicate with clients, preferably by phone, and to generally establish a good rapport with both clients and their advisers;
- To prepare resolutions for companies and trusts as required;
- To prepare all statutory returns and submissions whilst ensuring that client’s statutory records and registers are accurately maintained and up to date;
- To issue and settle fee notes within the agreed billing timescales and manage this position through regular reviews of client debtor positions;
- Preparing and submitting accurate payments to authorised signatories for efficient sign off;
- Be responsible for ensuring payments are prepared and released before the bank’s cut off time;
- To keep your line manager informed of developments in your portfolio and to ensure you make them aware of matters, be they technical/risk or compliance related, that need to be brought to their attention or require their input;
- Obtaining live foreign exchange rates in a timely and efficient manner and executing the exchange of information with the client and any resulting transaction with immediacy;
- Place and administer money market deposit transactions as appropriate;
- To at all times be mindful of “Anti Money Laundering” and “KYC” obligations and to conduct the administration of the portfolio in accordance with the Fiduchi P&P manual;
- To proactively involve your line manager when a challenge arises that is likely to result in additional time being spent on a matter over and above that which would otherwise be charged;
- To complete any necessary and relevant CPD;
- To maintain a relevant general knowledge of issues affecting the fiduciary industry generally;
- Support change initiatives where identified and accept action items to ensure that assistance is provided to enable delivery of quality standards in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Be open to working towards a Table 4 or 5 - Professional qualification, either legal, accounting or trust, together with evidence of PQE or additional qualifications (e.g. LLB, ACA, STEP);
- Be open to developing a general knowledge of regulatory issues relating to Trust Company Business and a thorough understanding of best practice in anti-money laundering and corporate governance.
- An enthusiasm for development in the Trust sector;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders;
- A strong team player who will work with and support colleagues to ensure team goals are achieved;
- An enthusiasm for developing a knowledge of core processes in the trust and corporate sectors.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Producing output - self-motivated, structured and organized;
- Checking details - Attentive to detail;
- Team working - Demonstrative of respect for clients, colleagues and Fiduchi Values;
- Upholding Standards - Committed, reliable and flexible.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Fiduchi is an equal opportunities employer.