Fiduchi is looking for a trainee to join our Marine & Aviation Team. If you want to work in a friendly team where ambition and talent are rewarded, then we want to hear from you!
Our Marine and Aviation Team manages a portfolio of companies that concentrate on superyacht ownership and the provision of yacht related services including crew payroll.
The role of a Trainee Administrator is to take responsibility for supporting the relationship team with all aspects of day to day administration to support these clients and ensure affairs and expectations and that of the associated intermediaries are managed in the most expedient and commercial manner.
Reports to: Associate Director - Marine & Aviation.
- CLIENT SERVICE: To embrace a culture of service excellence within the team through ensuring the delivery of exemplary client service. To be pro-active, whilst taking into account Fiduchi policy and procedural obligations and deliver timely, accurate advice and responses with a “can do” and getting it “right first time” approach.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Responsibility for achieving the billing and chargeable hours targets for this role. A disciplined approach to administering the portfolio including accurate recording of time and the timely issuance of bills and cash collections.
- COMPLIANCE AND RISK: Ensuring adherence to operational compliance and risk management policies and procedures across the client portfolio, including achievement of compliance and risk KPIs relating to clearance of annual reviews, client profiles, risk reviews, accounts preparation cycles, submission of statutory returns etc.
- PEOPLE: Demonstrating a clear commitment to teamwork by working with other members of the team to share best practice and expand your knowledge base whilst working efficiently to meet performance objectives.
- IT: Demonstrate a strong understanding of our internal technology through efficiency and deliverables. Evidence adequate knowledge and capability of the Microsoft suite to support and exceed performance objectives.
- Take part in weekly team meetings addressing current work, outstanding work and any other matters arising within, or impacting, the team;
- To manage the administration of key stakeholders to support client relationships focussing on meeting their specific needs and expectations as required. Completing Client Due Diligence efficiently and ensuring client profiles are up to date;
- To work with the team leader in an efficient and effective manner consulting as and when required to ensure technical accuracy in the delivery of our services;
- To support the Administrators in preparing resolutions for companies and trusts as required;
- To support the Administrator in preparing all statutory returns and submissions whilst ensuring that clients’ statutory records and registers are accurately maintained and up to date;
- To support the Administrator in issuing and settling fee notes within the agreed billing timescales and manage this position through regular reviews of client debtor positions;
- To accurately prepare banking transfers including multi account transfers;
- Preparing and submitting payments to authorised signatories for sign off;
- To advise the relevant manager of all activities and ensure they are made aware immediately if you receive any expression of dissatisfaction;
- Obtaining live foreign exchange rates in a timely and efficient manner and make the relevant Manager of aware of this with immediacy;
- To at all times be mindful of “Anti Money Laundering” and “KYC” obligations and to conduct the administration of the portfolio in accordance with the Fiduchi P&P manual;
- To proactively involve the Marine and Aviation Manager when a challenge arises that is likely to result in additional time being spent on a matter over and above that which would otherwise be charged;
- To complete the necessary and relevant CPD;
- To develop a relevant general knowledge of issues affecting the yachting industry generally;
- Support change initiatives where identified and accept action items to ensure that assistance is provided to enable delivery of quality standards in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Be open to working towards a Table 4 or 5 - Professional qualification, either legal, accounting or trust, together with evidence of PQE or additional qualifications (e.g. LLB, ACA, STEP);
- Be open to developing a general knowledge of regulatory issues relating to Trust Company Business and a thorough understanding of best practice in anti-money laundering and corporate governance.
- An enthusiasm for development in the superyacht sector;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders;
- A strong team player who will work with and support colleagues to ensure team goals are achieved;
- An enthusiasm for developing a knowledge of the superyacht, marine and aviation sectors.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Producing output - self-motivated, structured and organized;
- Checking details - Attentive to detail;
- Team working - Demonstrative of respect for clients, colleagues and Fiduchi Values;
- Upholding Standards - Committed, reliable and flexible.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Fiduchi is an equal opportunities employer.