Fiduchi is looking for a trainee to join our Corporate Services Team. If you want to work in a friendly team where ambition and talent are rewarded, then we want to hear from you!
The Corporate Team manages a complex portfolios of clients with an emphasis towards corporate, institutional and fund management clients. The Corporate Team provides a wide range of services to meet their clients’ needs and expectations in accordance with relevant laws and regulations including the JFSC Codes of Practice relevant to trust company business and fund services business, and Fiduchi policies and procedures.
The role of a Trainee Administrator is to take responsibility for supporting the client service team (“CST”) with all aspects of day to day administration to support these clients and ensure their affairs and expectations and those of the associated intermediaries are managed in the most expedient and commercial manner
Reports to: Manager of Corporate Services.
- CLIENT SERVICE: To embrace a culture of service excellence within the team through ensuring the delivery of exemplary client service. To be pro-active, whilst taking into account Fiduchi policy and procedural obligations and deliver timely, accurate responses with a “can do” and “get it right first time” approach.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Responsibility for achieving the billing and chargeable hours targets for this role. A disciplined approach to accurate recording of time and assisting the CST with the timely issuance of bills and cash collections.
- COMPLIANCE AND RISK: Ensuring adherence to operational compliance and risk management policies and procedures across the client portfolio, including assisting the CST with the achievement of compliance and risk KPIs relating to clearance of annual reviews, client profiles, risk reviews, accounts preparation cycles, submission of statutory returns etc.
- PEOPLE: Demonstrating a clear commitment to teamwork by working with other members of the team to share best practice and expand your knowledge base whilst working efficiently to meet performance objectives. Ensuring that you are proactive in making yourself available to assist the CST with recurring activities and ongoing tasks.
- IT: Demonstrate a strong understanding of our internal technology through efficiency and deliverables. Evidence adequate knowledge and capability of the Microsoft suite to support and exceed performance objectives.
- Take part in weekly team meetings addressing current work, outstanding work and any other matters arising within, or impacting, the team;
- To manage the administration of key stakeholders to support client relationships focussing on meeting their specific needs and expectations as required. Completing Client Due Diligence efficiently and ensuring client profiles are up to date;
- To work with the team leader in an efficient and effective manner consulting as and when required to ensure technical accuracy in the delivery of our services;
- To prepare resolutions for companies and trusts as requested by the CST;
- To develop an understanding of the communication with clients and to generally establish a good rapport with internal stakeholders;
- To prepare all documentation to a high standard with accuracy and presentation a key priority;
- To manage your timesheet according to guidance from your Line Mananger;
- Preparing and submitting payments to authorised signatories for efficient sign off;
- Be responsible for ensuring the payments are presented to Administrators before the bank’s cut off time;
- To keep your Line Manager informed of developments in your workload and to ensure you make them aware of matters, be they technical/risk or compliance related, that need to be brought to their attention or require their input;
- To at all times be mindful of “Anti Money Laundering” and “KYC” obligations and to conduct the administration of any portfolio in accordance with the Fiduchi P&P manual;
- To proactively involve the Team Leader when a challenge arises that is likely to result in additional time being spent on a matter over and above that which would otherwise be charged;
- To complete the necessary and relevant CPD;
- To develop a relevant general knowledge of issues affecting the Fiduciary industry generally;
- Support change initiatives where identified and accept action items to ensure that assistance is provided to enable delivery of quality standards in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Be open to working towards a Table 4 or 5 - Professional qualification, either legal, accounting or trust, together with evidence of PQE or additional qualifications (e.g. LLB, ACA, STEP);
- Be open to developing a general knowledge of regulatory issues relating to Trust Company Business and a thorough understanding of best practice in anti-money laundering and corporate governance.
- An enthusiasm for development in the Trust sector;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders;
- A strong team player who will work with and support colleagues to ensure team goals are achieved;
- An enthusiasm for developing a knowledge of core processes in the trust and corporate sectors.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Producing output - self-motivated, structured and organized;
- Checking details - Attentive to detail;
- Team working - Demonstrative of respect for clients, colleagues and Fiduchi Values;
- Upholding Standards - Committed, reliable and flexible.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Fiduchi is an equal opportunities employer.