Fiduchi is looking for a talented professional to join our Marine & Aviation Team. If you want to work in a friendly team where ambition and talent are rewarded, then we want to hear from you!
Our Marine and Aviation Team manage a portfolio of companies that concentrate on yacht ownership and the provision of yacht related services.
The role of Senior Administrator is to take responsibility for the efficient administration of a portfolio of clients, attending to all aspects of the day to day management of these clients and ensuring that their affairs and expectations and that of the associated companies are managed in the most expedient and commercial manner.
The role holder will provide support to the Head of Marine and Aviation in business development and support less experienced members of the team through sharing knowledge and best practice.
Reports to: Associate Director - Marine & Aviation.
- CLIENT SERVICE: To support the Head of Marine and Aviation in developing a culture of service excellence within the team through ensuring the delivery of exemplary client service. To be pro-active, whilst taking into account Fiduchi policy and procedural obligations and deliver timely, accurate advice and responses with a “can do” and getting it “right first time” approach;
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: To support the Head of Marine and Aviation in accomplishing new business targets. To assist in identifying opportunities where existing clients and contacts have a business need for further services and to develop or cement relationships with intermediaries;
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Responsibility for achieving the billing and chargeable hours targets for this role. A disciplined approach to administering the portfolio including accurate recording of time and the timely issuance of bills and cash collections;
- COMPLIANCE AND RISK: Ensuring adherence to operational compliance and risk management policies and procedures across the client portfolio, including achievement of compliance and risk KPIs relating to clearance of annual reviews, client profiles, risk reviews, accounts preparation cycles, submission of statutory returns etc;
- PEOPLE: Working with other members of the wider team, demonstrating a clear commitment to teamwork and working efficiently to meet performance objectives. Supporting junior members of the Marine and Aviation Team to meet their objectives and developmental needs.
- Take part in weekly team meetings addressing current work, outstanding work and any other matters arising within, or impacting, the team;
- To administer a portfolio of varying degrees of complexity, ensuring the provision of technical expertise and guidance to meet the specific needs and expectations of those clients. Completing Client Due Diligence efficiently and ensuring client profiles are up to date;
- To work with the team leader in an efficient and effective manner consulting as and when required to ensure technical accuracy in the delivery of our services.
- To provide direct assistance to the more junior members of the team;
- To communicate with clients, preferably by phone, and to generally establish a good rapport with both clients and their advisers;
- To prepare resolutions for companies and trusts as required;
- To prepare all statutory returns and submissions whilst ensuring that Client’s statutory records and registers are accurately maintained and up to date;
- To issue and settle fee notes within the agreed billing timescales and manage this position through regular reviews of client debtor positions;
- Preparing and submitting payments to authorised signatories for efficient sign off;
- Be responsible for ensuring the payments are released before the bank’s cut off time;
- To keep your line manager informed of developments in your portfolio and to ensure you make them aware of matters, be they technical/risk or compliance related, that need to be brought to their attention or require their input;
- Obtaining live foreign exchange rates in a timely and efficient manner and executing the exchange of information with the client and any resulting transaction with immediacy;
- To at all times be mindful of “Anti Money Laundering” and “KYC” obligations and to conduct the administration of the portfolio in accordance with the Fiduchi P&P manual;
- To proactively involve the Head of Marine and Aviation when a challenge arises that is likely to result in additional time being spent on a matter over and above that which would otherwise be charged;
- To complete the necessary and relevant CPD;
- To maintain a relevant general knowledge of issues affecting the yachting industry generally; and
- Support change initiatives where identified and accept action items to ensure that assistance is provided to enable delivery of quality standards in a timely manner.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Strong academic background;
- Table 4 or 5 - Professional qualification, either legal, accounting or trust, together with evidence of PQE or additional qualifications (e.g. LLB, ACA, STEP);
- Knowledge of regulatory issues relating to Trust Company Business and a thorough understanding of best practice in anti-money laundering and corporate governance.
- Relevant administrative experience within industry;
- An appreciation of current trends and developments in the Marine and Aviation sector;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in all forms to clients and professional advisers;
- A strong team player who will work with and support colleagues to ensure team goals are achieved;
- Significant experience of the core processes in the trust and corporate sectors.
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Producing output - Self-motivated, structured and organized;
- Checking details - Attentive to detail;
- Team working - Demonstrative of respect for clients, colleagues and Fiduchi Values;
- Upholding Standards - Committed, reliable and flexible.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Fiduchi is an equal opportunities employer.