Fiduchi is looking for a talented professional to join our team. If you want to work in a friendly team where ambition and talent are rewarded, then we want to hear from you!
The Private Client Team manage a portfolio of clients and provide a range of services to meet the needs and expectations of these individuals in accordance with relevant laws and regulations including the TCB Code of Practice and Fiduchi policies and procedures.
The Manager - is responsible for a team and the day to day management of the portfolio ensuring client expectations and those of the associated intermediaries are managed in the most expedient and commercial manner. This role holder is also responsible for the promotion of the Fiduchi brand in this sector and to develop existing and new relationships with a view to identifying opportunities to further develop the business.
Reports to: Executive Director
- CLIENT SERVICE: To develop a culture of service excellence within the team through ensuring the delivery of exemplary client service. To be pro-active, whilst taking into account Fiduchi policy and procedural obligations and deliver timely, accurate advice and responses with a “can do” and getting it “right first time” approach.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: To promote the Fiduchi brand and support the Director in accomplishing new business targets for the Private Client Team. To identify opportunities where existing clients and contacts have a business need for further services and develop or cement relationships with intermediaries.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Responsibility for achieving billing and chargeable hours targets set for direct reports in the Private Client Team. Ensuring strong financial management disciplines are instilled across the team, including, timely issuance of bills and cash collections, maximising opportunities and recovery of costs.
- COMPLIANCE AND RISK: Ensuring personal adherence and that of direct reports to operational compliance and risk management policies and procedures across the client portfolio within the Private Client Team, including achievement of compliance and risk KPIs relating to clearance of annual reviews, client profiles, risk reviews, accounts preparation cycles, submission of statutory returns etc.
- PEOPLE: Responsibility for the management of the people within the Private Client Team. Promotion of teamwork, developing people and encouraging development through inspired and motivational management and leadership. Ensuring objectives are set and performance reviews carried out on a regular and timely basis. Dealing sensitively but robustly with under performance.
- Manage and lead team meetings addressing current work, outstanding work and any other matters arising within, or impacting, the team;
- Oversee the day to day management of direct reports ensuring people are working efficiently and effectively. To act as a first point of contact for all team members with technical or client related queries;
- Manage a portfolio of more complex client relationships, ensuring the provision of technical expertise and guidance to meet the specific needs and expectations of those clients ;
- Proactively involve the relevant Director when a challenge arises that is likely to result in additional time being spent on a matter over and above that which would otherwise be charged;
- Liaise professionally with external parties including legal counsel, accountants and other professional intermediaries and advisors to find creative client solutions mitigating risk and potential complications;
- Manage any operational risks in accordance with Fiduchi’s professional standards and regulatory requirements, ensuring a complete understanding and adherence to the businesses risk management policies and procedures and, where appropriate, be proactive in identifying and proposing improvements;
- To identify opportunities to expand the client base through raising awareness of the services we can offer to a select group of intermediaries and to perform to an appropriate business development program;
- To become recognised as an industry expert through publishing relevant articles on the Fiduchi website covering topical matters;
- Provide periodic reports on team performance and the financial management of the portfolio in the appropriate format for the executive;
- To complete any necessary and relevant CPD;
- To at all times be mindful of “Anti Money Laundering” and “KYC” obligations and to conduct the administration of the portfolio in accordance with the Fiduchi P&P manual;
- To maintain a relevant general knowledge of issues affecting the fiduciary industry generally;
- To conduct team appraisals and to identify requirements for technical or soft skills training;
- Serve as a “B” Signatory for Fiduchi as required;
- Support change initiatives where identified and accept action items to ensure that assistance is provided to enable delivery of quality standards in a timely manner;
- Responsibility for achieving billing and chargeable hours targets set for both yourself and that of direct reports.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- University Degree preferred;
- Table 4 or 5 - Professional qualification, either legal, accounting or trust, together with evidence of PQE or additional qualifications (e.g. LLB, ACA, STEP);
- Knowledge of regulatory issues relating to Trust company business and a thorough understanding of best practice in anti-money laundering and corporate governance.
- Relevant experience in a senior position within industry;
- An broad understanding of current trends and developments in the Private Client sector;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in all forms to Wealth and professional advisers;
- Proven results and business growth skills in a controlled and compliant environment;
- Ability to motivate, lead, develop, retain and effectively manage staff of all levels;
- A strong team player who can contribute as part of the management team;
- Significant experience of the core processes in the trust and corporate sectors;
- Strong financial management skills with proven ability to analyse and interpret financial data.
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Driving Delivery of results - Pro-actively identifying & addressing opportunities & barriers to performance;
- Leading courageously - Self-confidence to challenge others for the overall benefit of the business;
- Inspiring Performance - Enabling and empowering team members;
- Growing Capability - Taking responsibility, developing and retaining capability;
- Influencing others - Effectively and strategically influencing for success.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
Fiduchi is an equal opportunities employer.