We are looking for a talented professional to join our growing team and support Fiduchi at an exciting time in its evolution. The Yacht Services - Director role requires unique knowledge of this specialist market. It will suit an individual who is dynamic and pragmatic with proven experience of working within the financial services industry or similar.
Fiduchi is an equal opportunities employer and offers a competitive package for the successful applicant.
Education and Span of Competencies
Educated to degree level or equivalent in a related field of study. In addition, a Table 4 or 5 - Professional qualification is essential, either legal, accounting or trust, together with evidence of PQE or additional qualifications (e.g. LLB, ACA, ICSA, STEP).
Full competence (Level 4 equivalent) to run the department and hold a sufficient understanding of the other units within the business. Demonstrative ability to drive the integration of the activities between this department and others to align with the overall business strategy and overcome challenges enabling the business as a whole, to achieve more than the sum of its parts.
A thorough knowledge of regulation relating to Trust Company Business and a thorough understanding of best practice in anti-money laundering and corporate governance.
Area of Responsibility and Type of Decision
The Director – Yacht Services is responsible for managing and co-ordinating the Yacht Services Team. This role requires a demonstrative knowledge of the marine and yacht sector including the taxation aspects of structuring and the on-going administration of these entities.
This department provides a range of administrative services to a portfolio of Yacht related structures including ownership, payroll, construction and chartering. These services should be delivered in accordance with relevant laws and regulations including the TCB Code of Practice and Fiduchi internal policies and procedures.
The role holds full and exclusive responsibility for managing compliance and risk in the portfolio and will be accountable to the board and, as a principal person, to our Regulators.
As an Executive Board member, The Director – Yacht Services has the strategic responsibility for decision making for the department and responsibility for supporting the wider business with a systematic and analytic approach towards policy, regulation and profit related growth.
Guidance and Discretion
This role acts autonomously with exclusive responsibility for the department and is accountable to the Board to achieve collectively agreed objectives. It is responsible for implementing the business plan for general policy, in the process making principal decisions and setting detailed objectives in line with the business strategy.
Nature of Challenges
This role will manage a portfolio of existing and developing relationships, ensuring the provision of technical expertise and service to meet the specific needs and expectations of those clients. The role holder will demonstrate a good understanding of the unique nature of the asset and their personal value to clients.
It requires, demonstrative ability to evaluate and manage complex challenges and identify reputational and/or financial risks and take responsibility for delivering innovative and client focussed solutions promptly.
Influence on Results & Size of Impact
To deliver the department annual business development plan to the board, ensuring in the process that it is aligned with the overall business objectives. To then be responsible for the achievement of the financial objectives through effective management of the Yacht Services portfolio, including the identification and delivery of new business opportunities, the development of existing client relationships and networks with focus on new markets and intermediaries.
Internal Relationships & External Relationships
Through demonstrative expertise and ability, become a trusted adviser to our Yacht Services clients and intermediaries. Demonstrative ability to positively influence the development of the team and wider business through inspired motivation. To secure co-operation from all board members through cohesive leadership, tact and effective communication ensuring successful achievement of the departmental and overall business objectives.
Operating responsibilities and typical duties
- Manage a portfolio of complex client relationships. Delivering technical expertise and world class service.
- Oversee challenges when they arise. Take responsibility for managing these situations whilst delegating key responsibilities to trusted senior team members and supporting the delivery of innovative and client focussed solutions on a timely basis
- Ensure the Yacht Services Team fully understand each client’s requirements, expectations and their unique sensitivities in terms of the services we provide.
- Serve as a “A” Signatory on the mandate.
- To proactively participate in the overall business strategy setting process.
- Before the start of each financial year, to deliver a detailed Business Development plan for Yacht Services for review and approval by the board.
- To present the board with quarterly updates detailing targets, pipeline and results.
- To become recognised as an industry expert through publishing relevant articles on the Fiduchi website covering topical matters.
- To proactively identify new opportunities to expand the client base through raising awareness of the services we can offer to new intermediaries.
- To set the Yacht Services financial budgets for each year.
- To ensure the Yacht Services Team are aware of the team’s financial targets and that these are translated into quarterly and daily billable targets.
- To monitor the team’s performance and to provide regular reports on team performance and the financial management of the portfolio in the appropriate format for the board. To deliver this in a friendly format to share with the wider team to grow focus and motivate employees.
- Be responsible for achieving billing and chargeable hours targets for the Yacht Services Team.
- To review timesheets on a regular basis and ensure only billable time is recorded and appropriate narratives are used for client correspondence.
- To be responsible for continually identifying cost efficiencies within the team.
Compliance and Risk
- Manage all relevant risks in accordance with Fiduchi’s professional standards and regulatory requirements, ensuring a complete understanding and adherence to the businesses risk management policies and procedures and, where appropriate, be proactive in identifying, proposing and delivering improvements;
- Promptly notify the CRC of any relevant matters;
- To be responsible for your team’s “Anti Money Laundering” and “KYC” obligations and to ensure the team conduct the administration of the portfolio in accordance with the Fiduchi P&P manual;
- To maintain a relevant knowledge of issues affecting the fiduciary industry generally and share this with the team.
- To be responsible for ensuring that Fiduchi’s data protection policies and procedures are adhered to all times within this department and the wider business.
- Lead team meetings addressing current work, outstanding work and any other matters arising within, or impacting, the team.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the team ensuring people are working efficiently and effectively. To act as a first point of contact for senior team members with technical or client related queries;
- Identify, deliver and support change initiatives, action items to ensure that assistance is provided to enable delivery of quality standards across the business efficiently.
- To conduct team appraisals and to identify requirements for technical, soft skills and CPD.
- Take equal responsibility for evolving board directives which impact the wider business. Be a positive Influencer through contribution of ideas, improving motivation and improving attitudes.
- Be fully conversant, and comply with, the duties of a director under the provisions of Jersey Company Law and the requirements of the relevant sections of the Financial Services (Jersey) Law (1998) and be guided by the present edition of the Guideline for the Institute of Directors.
- Ensure an understanding of the financial statements of the company.
- Ensure any conflicts of interest are disclosed and managed appropriately.
- To consistently act with due skill care and in the best interests of all stakeholders.
- To fully support board decisions irrespective of personal opinions and self-interest. To work together as a Board, showing respect for the opinions of other members at all times.
- To demonstrate adherence to corporate governance through effective leadership, complying with industry best practice and leading by example.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Demonstrative experience in a senior position within industry;
- A broad understanding of current trends and developments in the Luxury Assets / Marine sector;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in all forms to clients and professional advisers;
- Established in developing revenue from new and existing clients in a controlled and compliant environment;
- Ability to motivate, lead, develop, retain and effectively manage staff of all levels;
- A strong team player who can contribute as part of the senior management team;
- Significant experience of the core processes in the Trust and Marine sectors;
- Strong financial management skills with proven ability to analyse and interpret financial data.
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Customer and Client Focused - Focussing attention and efforts on clients;
- Solving Problems - Generating ideas, developing strategies and providing insight;
- Adapting approaches - Resolving conflicts, inviting feedback, embracing change;
- Business Development - Business growth;
- Driving Delivery of results - Pro-actively identifying & addressing opportunities & barriers to performance;
- Compliance and Risk - Risk identification and Management;
- Trust Technical & Administration - Applying concepts independently;
- Growing Capability - Taking responsibility, developing and retaining capability;
- Inspiring Performance - Enabling and empowering team members;
- Influencing others - Effectively and strategically influencing for success.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.