A rare opportunity has opened within our growing Accounts Team for a talented Professional. This role would suit a newly qualified Accountant with an analytic mindset and a passion for development.
If you aspire to work in a friendly atmosphere where flexibility, cultural appreciation and accountability are top priorities and where ambition drives a talented network then we want to hear from you.
If you have experience of working in Funds and/or Employee Benefits that would be an advantage. This is a great opportunity to join our business at an exciting time in its evolution.
Fiduchi is an equal opportunities employer and offers a competitive package for the successful applicant.
The Accounts Team maintain accurate accounting records and prepare annual financial statements for client entities which are administered through Fiduchi in accordance with relevant laws and regulations including both the TCB and FSB Codes of Practice and Fiduchi policies and procedures.
The purpose of the Client Accountant Role is to take responsibility for all aspects of the bookkeeping and accounting for a wide portfolio of clients meeting the needs and expectations of our clients.
Reports to: Client Accounting Manager
- CLIENT SERVICE: To support the Client Accounting Manager in developing a culture of service excellence within the team through ensuring the delivery of exemplary client service. To be pro-active, whilst taking into account Fiduchi policy and procedural obligations and deliver timely, accurate advice and responses with a “can do” and getting it “right first time” approach;
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT: Taking responsibility for achieving your billing and chargeable hours targets as set by the Manager. Maintaining a strong financial management discipline to ensure timely issuance of bills and cash collections, maximization of additional billing opportunities and the recovery of costs;
- COMPLIANCE AND RISK: Ensuring adherence to operational compliance and risk management policies and procedures across the client portfolio within the Client Accounting Team, including achievement of compliance and risk KPIs relating to clearance of annual reviews, client profiles, risk reviews, accounts preparation cycles, submission of statutory returns etc;
- PEOPLE: Working with othe rmembers of the wider team,demonstrating a clear commitment to teamwork and working efficiently to meet performance objectives. Supporting junior members of the team to help meet their objectives and developmental needs through inspired and motivational practice. Ensuring you contribute and meet the personal and professional objectives set for you by the business.
- To maintain bookkeeping records of a variety of client structures;
- Preparation of financial statements for client portfolios;
- Assisting the client service team with all queries arising which are of an accounting nature;
- Assisting in the preparation of adhoc financial reports in respect of client structures;
- To maintain accurate and timely accounting records for your portfolios;
- To produce financial statements and other reports in accordance with the agreed timescale;
- Working with other members of the client accounting team, to regularly analyse the team’s performance and, where possible, propose and implement improvements in line with budget focusing on results driven performance;
- With respect to FSB clients, production of quarterly NAV calculations and other relevant fund related reports;
- Ensure current and relevant understanding and knowledge of accounting standards and changes are maintained, providing up-dates to the client accounting team and client service teams as necessary;
- Assist other members of the client accounting team as required.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- ACA, ACCA, ATT or equivalent; or
- Studying towards any of the above or an equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrative experience of working in the financial services;
- Client bookkeeping experience, ideally within the finance industry;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles;
- A comprehensive knowledge of customer due diligence and local regulatory requirements.
Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Producing output - self-motivated, structured and organized;
- Checking details - Attentive to detail;
- Team working - Demonstrative of respect for clients, colleagues and Fiduchi Values;
- Upholding Standards - Committed, reliable and flexible.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.